My teaching methodology depends on individual learner's differences but rang from Interactive method, group work method, gaming method, teaching and activity methodologies.
I use RAELIA, charts and audio visual Instructional aid. Ability to improvise teaching materials. I am versatile in the use of computer system to teach.
Joel, professional and licensed teacher with over 9years experience of teaching several subjects such as financial accounting, Economics, Commerce, Business studies, Shorthand, computer studies, Mathematics, Verbal and Quantitative reasoning. I have taught over 150 students with an excellent academic results. I teach both primary, secondary and university students.
I play bass guitar, dance, act drama and sound engineering.
● University of Ibadan, Ibadan.
B.Sc. Economics Second Class (Honours) 2012-2016
● Kwara State College of Education (Technical), Lafiagi
Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE)- Business Education/ Accounting) Upper Credit
● TEFL/ ESL- Teaching English as a Foreign/ Second Language,
TEFL Professional Development Institute, 2020
● Computer Proficiency Certificate- CPC (2014), University of Ibadan DLC
● Computer Application Programme- CAP (2006), College of Education (T)L
● Certificate Program in Public Procurement (CPPP), 2020
● Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN) Category C (B.Sc., NCE) 2020.
● The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) (AAT graduate). ACA in View
● Committed staff of the year
● Neatest and Most dressed teacher of the year
1. ESL/ EFL, Home teacher/ after school teaching, Lagos
Position: Teacher (Children/ Adult, 2006 – Present- 13years)
• Foundation (Nursery) /Primary (ages 5 – 11): Early childcare, literacy/ English language,
numeracy/mathematics, computer studies, quantitative reasoning, verbal reasoning, agricultural
science, Vocational Aptitude, Civic education etc
• Secondary/College/A ‘level (ages 11- 18): Economics, financial accounting, commerce, business studies,
shorthand, agricultural science etc
• Adult education (various ages): Literacy skill for communication, numeracy skill for simple arithmetic,
counting and number recognition as well as career counselling.
2. Supreme House Montessori School, Lekki, Lagos.
Position: School Account / Administrative Officer,
Period: 08/ 2018 – 11/2019 (1yr, 2months)
• School administrator, teacher, and policy maker.
• Setting-up of the school accounting system (Integrated School Manager, book-keeping,
documentation, filling, and account system).
• Issued school bills, receipts and receive cash, cheques, drafts etc
• Monitored tuition fee/ debt recovery mechanism and procedures.
• Prepared payroll (salary schedule) and internal fraud investigation.
• Negotiated bank facilities/loan, interest, repayment modalities.
• Managed tax matters (PAYE, business premises levy, CIT).
• Fraud investigation and cash retirement responsibility.
3. Lighthouse International Schools (Junior Academy), Lagos.
Position: Classroom / Subject Teacher, 2007 – 2012 (5years)
• Subject/ class teacher: quantitative reasoning, Verbal reasoning, Mathematics, Agricultural science,
• ICT/ Computer teacher
• Prepare pupils for external examinations/ competitions
4. Saphire Coaching/Tutorial Centre, Lagos.
Position: Subject Teacher (Part-Time- 2years)
• JSS 1-3 Subjects: Computer studies, business studies, shorthand.
• SSS 1-3 Subjects: Financial accounting, Economics, Commerce and WAEC/NECO/GCE/JAMB classes.
• Grade 3-6 Subjects: Mathematics, Verbal & Quantitative Reasoning and Common entrance past
5. Franmich International Schools, Lagos.
Position: Teacher/ Class manager, 8/2006 – 9/2007 (1year, 2months)
• Subject/ class teacher: Computer studies, business studies, shorthand.
• School health and safety teacher
• Clubs and inter-house sport coordinator
• Draft school timetables and examination coordination etc.
Joli was my colleague in Lighthouse international School Ikorodu. And during those years we worked together he was a very trustworthyand hardworking teacher and was loved by his students. He bring life to tutoring.
His passion for knowledge, teaching and learning is compared to none. His acquired skills, experience and Educational background gives undiminishable confidence and trust here that Joel is a trustworthy tutor.
accounting lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest economics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, business studies lessons for all!
Taking commerce lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|At his home||At your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||₦3500||Not available||₦3000|
|5 hours||₦12000||Not available||₦15000|
|10 hours||₦22000||Not available||₦30000|