Hi! I'm a 4th year Medical Student at UCL, with a First Class Honours Degree in Medical Anthropology.
I am passionate about helping get passionate students into medicine, and have 3 years of experience in this. I meet my students at the start of their journey (usually when they are in Year 12), and help them every step of the way.
The plan usually is:
- Tutoring in A-levels (if needed)
- Helping acquire work experience and volunteering
- UCAS and university selection help
- Personal statement preparation
- BMAT and UKCAT tuition
- Interview coaching
However, every student is unique and the plan will be adjusted to suit you! :)
I know first hand that the application to med school can seem tough and daunting. This is why I like to break it down into the steps above - it may seem like a lot, but I place a lot of emphasis on taking our time and not rushing the process. I will support you every step of the way!
I have many years of experience, in the form of both voluntary and paid work. In this time I have:
- Volunteered on a scheme that supports sixth-form students medical application journey. I spent my first 2 years on this scheme as a regular Mentor, personally tutoring 4 students. For the last 2 years, I stepped up to be a Team Leader, personally tutoring 5 students, as well as being responsible for a total of 19 students AND their mentors. I have personally seen many students get into medicine successfully through this scheme!
- Worked 3 Medicine summer schools, aimed to kick-start students application to medicine.
- Worked as a mentor for my university, mentoring first year students when I was in second year. I later also stepped up in this role and became a Senior Mentor, giving me more responsibility.
- Worked freelance as a private tutor for 2 sixth-form students in 2016-7, using the lesson plan I am offering here. Both were accepted into medical school. :)
I understand that economically the application to medicine can be tough. I am happy to work around what you and your family are able to offer if money is a problem.
(Please note travel fee is only needed if you live outside zone 1-2!)
Nas' enthusiasm and dedication have made her an inspiration to her peers. On top of this, nas is usually the person to go to for advice due to her understanding, personable and logical approach. She is a pleasure to be around and her future tutees will be very fortunate to work with her.
Naz is a very supportive and caring person, that is something you first see in her when you meet her, she puts others above herself and takes a interest in other people's goals and futures, and helps them to achieve them, when you'll meet her you will see this.
She very true to her word, I know she will make a great tutor, and anybody lucky enough to be her student can guarantee to be happy, and taught well, she knows her stuff, and she knows how to share that knowledge amongst others, including myself. She's extremely kind and thoughtful, I'm just glad I met her.
Nas is a trustworthy tutor because not only is she the most patient, personable and enthusiastic tutors I have ever met , she is also very approachable and has the drive to get the very best of you. She has helped me to strive to do my very best and I would like for her to help others as she has helped me.
medicine lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|At her home||At your home||By webcam|