My teaching method is simple, I try to discover the level of the student first, this I do by carrying out a revision to ensure we are on the same page. Then I proceed by taking each topic gradually, with class works and assignments. I conduct continuous assessment on topics treated to know areas the student has not grasped well.
I am a lawyer by profession, but have always had a nag for helping students succeed in their academics. I have five quality years experience in tutoring English. My students are known for one thing, aceing their exams in flying colours.
PW - maroko Road, Kubwa Abuja FCT; Cell (concealed information)9 (concealed information)
Date of birth:- 25th October, 1992
State of origin:- Rivers State
LGA:- Emuoha LGA
Marital Status:- Married
Languages:- English, Igbo and Hausa
• Conflict resolution
• Legal research
• Excellent telephone etiquette
• Ability to self organize and multi task
• Fluent in verbal and written English
• Good writing and editing skill
• Strong advocacy and engagement skills
• Computer literate
LAW GRADUATE INTERN - 2014 - 2015
(S.S OBENDE & CO; Behind ST Theresa Catholic Church off Panyam street, Jos Plateau State)
• Interviewed Clients to receive their brief and facts of the case.
• Sieve Out the main and relevant facts in issue and consolidate same into a suit
• Advise Clients on whether their case is actionable in court and the appropriate cause of action to take.
• Carry out research on the relevant laws guiding the case and draft the appropriate court processes required to commence an action.
• Brief the HOC(The Head Of Chambers) about the stage of every case handled in chambers.
• Draft contracts, memorandums, agreements and several correspondences.
LEGAL ASSISTANT TO THE JUDGE; - October 2015 - October 2016
HIGH COURT OF NASARAWA STATE.
• Worked as a team with attorneys, administrative assistants and fellow legal assistants.
• Produced legal documents such as; contracts, real estate closing statements, proposals, memorandums, reports and general correspondences
• Organizing the schedule of the judge and liaising with various departments to carry out projects and assignments
• Ensure that all documents, letters, files and correspondences addressed to the judge are successfully delivered to him.
• Liaising with several stakeholders especially government agencies in the Nigerian criminal justice System such as the, Nigerian prisons, EFCC, Nigerian Legal Aid etc
• Diary Management for the Judge Pertaining cases coming up for hearing
• Brief the judge on all the stages of cases and proceedings that comes up in court.
• Advisory capacity and enhancing the settlement of disputes out of court via negotiation and arbitrary means.
• Good typing speed, excellent use of Microsoft word, excel, access, power point and other office equipment etc.
• Carrying out extensive research on cases adjudicated on in court using the internet, law database systems and the library
• Managed accounts and records of clients with the highest level of confidentiality and discretion.
ASSOCIATE COUNSEL - October 2016 - December 2017
(MAGEN & ATTORNEYS; c/o Nkechi R Udoh & Co Suite 3011 Block B Anbeez Plaza, Wuse Zone 4 Abuja)
• Handled some matters relating to Recovery Of Premises in the magistrate Court
• Corporate Practice in Corporate Affairs Commission.
• General Litigation
ASSOCIATE COUNSEL - February 2018 - January 2019
(HEPTAGON AND ASSOCIATES; Busy Mart Plaza, Plot 44, Ebitu Ukiwe Street, Jabi Abuja)
• General Litigation covering civil and criminal matters in lower and High courts.
• Drafting of Court processes, documents and general correspondences.
• Conducting extensive research for cases assigned in line with the relevant statutes and case law.
• Round table negotiation and settlement of disputes emanating from cases coming up from the Abuja multi door court house and Out of court Settlement initiated by the Court or counsel in Court.
PROACTIVE GENDER INITIATIVE (A Non-governmental Organization under the auspices of the parent body Heptagon and Associates.)
• Engage in vigorous Gender advocacy
• Carried out probono cases that involves gender violence, spousal battery, particularly for indigent women, children and vulnerable persons and general infringement of fundamental right.
• Conducted workshop and campaigns targeted at sensitizing the girl child, and women.
PROGRAM OFFICER - January 2019 – Till Date
(WHITE RIBBON ALLIANCE FOR SAFE MOTHER HOOD, Ademola Adetokunbo Crescent Wuse 2, Abuja.)
• Assesses proposals, including conceptual, methodological, operational, evaluative, and financial aspects;
• Identifies and develops research proposals in accordance with Centre policies;
• Incorporates, at the project design stage, plans for dissemination and utilization of research results;
• Explores the potential for support and participation by the research community;
• Develop partnerships with other funding agencies to support project activities,
• Negotiates with researchers to increase the use they make of research as input in policy formulation; and
• Prepares project documents for approval.
• Participates in regular meetings, and when required in other Program Area, Branch and Corporate meetings and committees; and
• Collaborates with colleagues in White Ribbon Alliance and the regions in connection with the Alliance portfolio of projects in the identification and evaluation of emerging and key development trends and priorities in a particular region.
Prep class Tutor: online tutoring of English subjects for Nursery, primary and secondary school students and Law courses for undergraduates.
BL LAW; LAW 2015
Nigerian Law School: 2014 - 2015
Agbani, Enugu State
LLB LAW; LAW 2014
University Of Abuja: 2008 - 2013
WASSCE/ NECO 2007
St Paul's Academy Jos: 2001- 2007
FIRST SCHOOL LEAVING CERTIFICATE
Lea Primary School Gyani, Kachia : 1994 - 2000
Reading, Research, Cooking, Interpersonal relationships and Settling disputes.
Nigerian Bar Association- member.
References: Made available upon request
Chinonye is a good tutor and a professional who values time and effort put into any task.
Chinonyelum is a nice and easy going person. She is patient with people and good when it comes to explaining complex concepts to an "everyday person".
I have know Chinonyelum for quite some time and I can say vividly she is a formidable tutor. As a career lawyer and an academic she will give you adequate attention and guidance. I have no doubt whatsoever in recommending her to be your tutor.
This is very lovely and Educative. Glad I came across this!
She is an awesome English teacher with a lot of zeal to see her students succeed.
I have known Chinonyelum for as long as the years I can remember. She really knows her onions when it comes to tutorship. She's one who enjoys dishing out the best of knowledge she has garnered and giving her utmost best to those around her.
Mrs Chinonyelum is trustful and has accommodated knowledge to lecture, teach and tutor whoever that needs educational qualification in any matter. So I recommend her for this prestigious work. Thanks
Chinonyelum has been good at tutoring, back in school she helped prepared notes and also give tutorials which came in handy.
Chinonyelum is a colleague and great professional. She teaches passionately and all her students are sure of flying colours.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|At her home||At your home||By webcam|