I am a elementary dual language educator seeking to tutor motivated students who need support learning to read, write or speak in Spanish. I have seven years as a educator using a balanced reading approach and biliteracy strategies to help students master reading and writing in English and Spanish. One of my methods of instruction is using mentor texts to expose students to academic language and different cultures. Also, to help student develop a deep understanding of new vocabulary we use sentence starters to support in building oracy and movement that is connected with the new vocabulary. I addition, I have experience teaching elementary students to read and write in English.
I have been teaching for seven years students of ages 5 to 11. I have taught small groups and large groups of students approximately 45-50 using a team teaching approach. I have used reading data to inform instruction and help student improve reading scores. I have been able to successfully implement reading strategies and help student increase reading levels by one or two grade levels.
Rates vary based on student's level and travel. An additional $5 will be added to travel if the library/study location is not near the teacher.
_____ School District, Waukesha, WI September 2010-present
• Fourth dual language literacy educator
• Create dual literacy language lessons for various scholars
• Collaborate with grade level educators and create literacy centered lessons
• Co-Teach and develop rigorous assessments
• Inspire future leaders and develop positive relationships
• Educate children and the community about the importance of health, hygiene and higher education
• Nurture, educate and develop lasting relationship with children of various ages
University of Wisconsin Milwaukee, Milwaukee, WI September 2005-December 2009
Bachelors of Science
Minor in bilingual education and Natural Science
- Began grad credits in education will like to pursue credits in health education.
• Ability to lead and teach various ages about health, hygiene and educational content
• Ability to work independently or in a team to complete projects or data analysis.
• Fluent in Spanish and English
• Experience using Google docs, literacy apps, and integrated technology to engage dual language learners in literacy.
vocabulary - spanish lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|At her home||At your home||By webcam|