My goal is to help students not only learn the material from school, but also learn "how to learn", based on their learning style and abilities. I also believe self confidence is crucial aspect of being able to learn a new thing, so I also aim to help students build confidence in their learning abilities. My first lesson with the student involves me gauging their learning style and how much they already know about the subject they are learning. Then I discuss a learning plan with the student or their parents in which we outline what goals we plan to achieve in a given timeline. As well, along with the school material provided to the student from school, I also supply worksheets and extra practices to the student in areas that they need extra improvement.
I am a Computer Science student at UWaterloo, and I'm working as a software engineer in Ontario Public Service for my co-op term. I love to tutor students and I have tons of experience under my belt! I have tutored math, english and science to students from both elementary and high school.
Summary of Qualifications
Proficient in Java, Racket, and LibGDX
Developed a game in Android Studio using LibGDX and Java (linked above as GitHub project)
Fast learner and adaptable
Quickly adjusted in university and achieved a 3.94 GPA by strategically planning for the future
Currently learning C in university and self-teaching IT Security and ethical hacking
Strong collaboration and customer service skills
Collaborated with a large team to deliver excellent customer ser
Analytical thinker and creative problem solver
Recipient of the Paul Promoli Prize that is awarded for exceptional aptitude in STEM
• Designed an Android game using tools from LibGDX and Java in 3 weeks
• Learned about core object-oriented design concepts, data structures and algorithms, while implementing debugging practices
• Obtained a deep understanding of functional programming concepts such as immutability, functions and lambda calculus
• Effectively communicated clean solutions to technical problems
Cashier at Zehrs 2018 - 2019
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills by providing excellent customer service in a collaborative environment, handling new challenges quickly, and diplomatically
• Reflected upon feedback for continuous improvement to exceed client and management expectations
Private Tutoring 2016 - 2018
• Worked independently by guiding students towards study practices to help them succeed in academics
• Encouraged them to maintain a positive mindset
Norfolk Manor Retirement Home 2017-2018
• Organized kitchen resources in a small team to ensure careful meal preparation for the elderly residents
Wish Youth Network Society 2018-Present
• Fostered efficient communication between my team and organizations as Sponsorship Director
• Worked collaboratively in an inclusive team to achieve a common vision of fundraising $300 for a sick child in Waterloo
University of Waterloo 2018 – Present
- Bachelor of Computer Science
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking chemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|At her home||At your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||₦6596|