Abuja is the capital city of the most populous nation in Africa and it boasts of different tutorial classes, Montessori schools, and approved and experienced teachers that are always willing and available to teach secondary school students preparing to sit for their JAMB, and WAEC examinations, or university students preparing for their semester examinations, and other international A-level examinations.
Quite a good number of students in secondary schools have the interest to study Economics but are still confused about which area to specialize in due to the numerous areas of specialities. In the study of Economics at the University or any other higher institution of learning in Nigeria, you may focus your studies on the theoretical principles of the subject or the mathematical and statistical aspects of the course. These study areas include
- Agriculture, natural resources, and environmental economics.
- Behavioural economics.
- Business economics and development.
- Economic history.
- Economic development.
- Financial economics.
- Health and education economics.
However, notwithstanding, the aspect or breakdown of the economics courses, there is always an aspect of advanced mathematics and calculus in the study of economics. As an undergraduate student that has the goals and passion of graduating with a first-class, you will be needing a strong logical and analytical capability as well as a strong understanding of both the qualitative and quantitative techniques in other to graduate with a good grade.
Graduating with a good grade gives you the chance to work in different sectors of the economy. Numerous local and international job or jobs opportunities exist where one can work as an expatriate. This numerous job opportunity is one of the reasons why the number of students seeking to study this course at Nigerian universities is increasing rapidly.
The study of Economics requires one to possess the ability to focus on objective measurements, place them into the right context, and the capability to draw rational conclusions from the results. Furthermore, every Economics student needs to have a knack for writing in good English.
This is because, there will always be a need to publish articles, research works, journals, and other financial and economic bulletins which are mostly written in good and proper English. Economics as a course of study requires substantial reading of voluminous books and concepts.
Looking for a Good Tutorial Centers for your Examination Preparation
Scoring a good grade as a student while still in secondary school is a good step for any individual wishing to further in any of the different areas of specialities of economics or any of the related social sciences or business courses such as accounting, finance, and management at any Nigeria University.
Acing your examinations might require you to find a reputable and approved tutoring center in Abuja. Engaging a good tutorial center is imperative for improving one's chance of getting admitted to the different universities in Nigeria (NGN).
Also, when preparing for external examinations such as WAEC, GCE, NECO, JAMB, or Post-UTME exams as a secondary school student in Abuja, Nigeria, it is expedient to involve the services of lesson centers or agencies.
Here in Abuja, the federal capital territory, we have some educational institutions that offer students opportunities for Economics classes. Some of these includes
- Excellent Tutorial Center: This is one of the most popular tutorial center reputable for teaching students preparing for both local and international examinations. This educational institute is designed to prepare students for WAEC, GCE, NECO, JAMB, UTME, GCSE, Cambridge, and IGCSE. This is your sure bet for all your examination preparation and those students that want to write an A-level examination in Economics
- Crystal Link: This lesson center offers organized and intensive tutorial classes in a conducive learning environment. At Crystal link tutorial center, you are sure to learn topics covered in both WAEC and JAMB syllabi such as Division of Labor and Specialization, Money, Opportunity Cost, Aggregate Demand, Aggregate Supply, Economic Growth, Employment and Unemployment, Fiscal Policy, GDP, Inflation, Monetary Policy and the Federal Reserve, Real vs. Nominal, Demand, and Elasticity of Demand
- Comprehensive Tutorial Centre: This tutorial center is located at Byazhin Kubwa Primary School, Behind Water Board, Abuja. At the comprehensive tutorial centre (CTC), the teachers are professionally trained and experienced in each of the subjects of which economics is one of them.
- Ivory Gate Education Centre: The center offers evening classes for students preparing for WAEC, GCE, JAMB, and UTME. The center is located at FHA Lugbe Abuja and they boast of teachers with years of experience in different subjects such as Economics, Mathematics, English, and others.
How to find a Private Economic Teacher in Abuja
Finding a private economics tutor can be tasking most times as it might not be easy to verify each of these teachers' proficiency and teaching styles. It is, therefore, necessary to look for a private teacher that can put you through the different theories, formulas and difficult part of the subject.
Taking private or group classes with a tutor is a great way to stay ahead at all times. Some of the easy and fast ways of meeting and hiring a private tutor includes
- Ask for recommendation: if your friend’s children are doing well in their classes or with their private tutors, you can discuss with them for recommendation to the teacher for your own wards.
- Class Teacher: You can discuss with your children's teacher to know if there would be available to take on extra classes for your child. This is a good method since the teacher is conversant with the syllabus and knows the child’s area of difficulty and challenges.
- Online tutoring: Online classes are now becoming popular in recent years. Most students and parents are now embracing this route for learning new subjects. With the online tutoring, a teacher will be able to teach your wards directly into your home over a laptop (webcam) and will be able to talk to them while using an online whiteboard and other features such as file sharing
- Tutoring Agencies: This is yet another popular means of finding a private tutor in Abuja. Most tutoring agencies are local while others are of international repute such as the Superprof tutoring platform. These tutoring platforms make it easy for students and parents to find the perfect match for their academic needs.
The Superprof Platform
You can find verified and approved tutors here who come with the rich teaching experience and professionalism needed to take you through your Economics lesson. Superprof has over 150 Economics tutors whose credentials and profile are verified with positive reviews and are always willing and available to get in contact with you in a matter of hours after you have reached out to them.
One other good thing about these tutors is that they are budget-friendly. Other reasons why you need to choose Superprof tutors if you are staying in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) includes
- The Economics teachers on the Superprof platform have an average rating of 5.0 and numerous positive reviews. However, teachers without any reviews do not mean that they are not good but it might be that they are still new to the system.
- Over 98 percent of the teachers on the Superprof website offer their first lessons or classes free of charge to help you decide if the tutor is the best fit for you
- The average response time of the tutors in the Superprof platform is below 2 hours. There are as fast as a lightning bolt.
- Cost friendly – the average cost per one hour class is ₦1500
- You are free to take your lessons at any location (home- face to face) or online via the webcam
- Training sessions for all level of students (Basic education level, secondary, undergraduate, or postgraduate)
- There is no need to pay the entire course fee before commencing the class. You pay as you learn (days, weeks, or monthly).
- Tutors are available 24/7
Whether you want a home (face to face) class to complement your children's education needs or your own online (webcam) class to advance your study. Superprof is always there to help you.
Learning through the Online Mediums
Advancement in technological development is now making most students and professionals embrace the act of learning or been taught remotely. Due to advancements in online and video conferencing apps such as webcam, Skype, Facetime, and Zoom, tutoring services like the Superprof platform are now making the most out of web-based materials and tools to further students learning and bonding.
Other online tutorial classes can be found in form of videos, online tutorial academy and Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs). Some of the popular MOOCs that every student can look up include
- Open Learning
For secondary school students planning on studying Economics at the university or already admitted to study Economics at the University of Abuja, you may benefit by signing up on any of the Economics courses or any other related courses.
Learning Economics at the University
Students living in Abuja also have the rare privilege of studying economics since the state boasts of different higher institutions. Some of the universities in Abuja where you can study economics and bag a bachelor or postgraduate degree in economics includes
- The University of Abuja
- National Open University of Nigeria
- Nile University of Nigeria
- Veritas University Abuja
- Baze University Abuja
As a prospective student wishing to further his or her education in economics, it is right to look at some factors before selecting the ideal university in Abuja metropolis. Some of the factors that you need to consider includes
- Tuition Fees: This is a very important factor to consider before choosing a university to study in since tuition fees vary from one university to the other. Note that public universities such as the University of Abuja are often cheaper when compared to privately owned universities here in Abuja.
- Interdisciplinary Courses: Another important factor to consider is if the faculty offers interdisciplinary courses for their students such as finance, accounting, management, Mathematics, and other related disciplines.
- Postgraduate Courses: This is another factor to consider when selecting a school to attend. Does the school offer their students postgraduate studies or are the students expected to further their postgraduate studies somewhere else?
Tutorial Classes for Undergraduate Students
You can also benefit from different tutoring classes as an undergraduate at the University of Abuja, Baze University, Abuja, Veritas University, Abuja, and Nile University of Nigeria, Abuja. Here are some of the steps that you can take as an undergraduate to benefit from the free and paid Economics classes
- Tutorial Classes
These are classes organized by senior colleagues in the department. Most often, these classes are organized by students in their third and final years. These tutorial classes give students the privilege of asking questions and having one on one discussion with the person handling the tutorial classes.
- Post-graduate Students
Another step to follow as an undergraduate student facing any form of difficulties in their first-year courses or any area of the subject is by engaging postgraduate students that are available and willing to take a group or private classes for undergraduate students. These postgraduate students are already ahead of this stage and would be in a good position to give the students advice as it relates to their course works and steps in writing their research and seminar works.
You can also find other approved and qualified economics teachers in Abuja and other states such as