I have recently graduated from the University of Cambridge with a master's degree in Natural Sciences. My passion and drive for the sciences made me excel at school and university. Cambridge gave me a world-class teaching experience, providing me with an incredibly intricate understanding of maths and the physical sciences. I now want to transfer this into teaching, by helping students learn and thrive in STEM subjects!
I believe that every student learns in a different way, this means that lessons should be tailored to meet the individual! Prior to tuition, I am happy to discuss topics and lesson structure, to ensure you get the best out of my teaching. I aim to provide a great balance of fact learning for exams and background understanding, whilst at the same time making lessons productive and fun!
At university I took part in the student mentoring scheme. This involved providing academic and personal support to first year students, to ensure a smooth transition into university. I provided academic help to first year students studying a similar subject to me, by giving advice on class work and exams.
Rates vary depending on the level of tuition provided:
Degree level: Chemistry - £25/hour
A level: Chemistry, Physics, Maths - £20/hour
GCSE level: Chemistry, Physics, Maths - £18/hour
I am happy to travel to student's homes, however I would like a contribution to travel costs, typically a few pounds!
Degree: University of Cambridge - MSci & BA Natural Sciences
- 2.i achieved in both MSci & BA Natural Sciences.
- I majored in Chemistry, undertaking a research project in inorganic chemistry.
- Natural Sciences is a mixture of science subjects. I have also studied Maths & Physics for 1 year, and Materials Science for 2 years alongside Chemistry.
- 4A* in Maths, Further Maths, Physics & Chemistry
- A in AS Further Additional Maths
- A* in Extended Project Qualification (Particle Physics)
- Self taught additional modules in A-level mechanics.
- 8A* & 2A including Maths & English.
Prizes & Awards:
- Peter Avery prize for the best A-level science results at my sixth-form college (cohort of 800 students).
- Scientific research & data analysis using a variety of programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Volunteer assistant chef at a large local homeless hostel.
- Volunteer at a care home, helping individuals with severe visual and learning disabilities.
- Duke of Edinburgh Gold & Silver awards.
- Active Chemistry society member at university, organising socials.
- College badminton team
|At his home||At your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||₦10453||₦10449|