I can assure you that my English Language lessons are highly engaging and effective, utilising many methodologies that I have learnt whilst qualifying as a TEFL teacher. After completing my 120 hour face to face course, including 60+ contact teaching time, I gained valuable and extensive experience teaching varied age groups and abilities in Eastern Europe, Asia and Central America. I understand to a great extent how important it is to create lessons that focus on the activation of language and allow the student to use the acquired language in the way that is most useful in achieving his/her purpose for learning the language in the first place. From teaching adults in Costa Rica, to teaching children in Cambodia, I have seen first hand how vital it is to use varied resources and techniques in the classroom in order to suit a variety of learning styles. As a tutor I aim to develop all aspects of English, not only speaking and will use techniques I have found effective in my own University Education. My lessons will be structured differently as I would hate for my tutee to get bored and disengaged. My underlying teaching philosophy stems from the fact that I believe learning and education should be an enjoyable and fun process where the tutor acts more as a source of guidance rather than a feeder of information.
Before teaching I worked mainly with people in a customer related field. That invaluable experience not only taught me patience and time management skills but it was also important in teaching me how to interact effectively with many different people. I thoroughly believe that my high qualifications both in academia and in the workplace, combined with my previous tutoring experiences and relaxed and personable demeanour, makes me the perfect tutor for you. There is nothing in the world more important to me than seeing the improvement in a student and seeing what doors language learning can open up for them. This is something I saw a huge amount of when I was teaching in a government run school in Siem Reap, Cambodia.
My rates may go up if significant travel is involved or the student is preparing for an important exam and specific resources need to be purchased
Rachael is a TEFL qualified EFL and ESL teacher. She is a very diligent, hard working
and reliable person with a friendly demeanour, capable of working independently as well as working successfully within a team. Working well under pressure, she is confident and will provide enthusiasm, drive and a positive attitude to whatever task she is undertaking. She can assure you that she is a very committed and ambitious person who will always endeavour to complete a job to the best of her ability.
Key Skills Awards
• Excellent organisational skills
• Interpersonal Skills
• Strong at leading a team
• Strong customer service background
• Great team player • Sports Leaders UK level 1 award in Sports Leadership
• DofE Silver and Gold Award
• Completed Young Enterprise Sell for Success Programme
• Schroder Investment Management Work Experience Day
• Rotary Youth Speaks contestant • Science award: The SM Hardcastle Prize for Science English Speaking Union
• Headmistress’ Commendation for effort and achievement
Full time Sales Assistant, Cotswold Outdoor in Reading
• Provided a high level of customer service whilst serving multiple people at once
• Helped to further improve organisational skills whilst dealing with complex deliveries and customer orders
• Worked within a dynamic and changing sales team focussed on KPIs and strategies to help increase profitability and customer conversion
Waitress, Nino’s Trattoria, Pangbourne
• Liased with customers, taking orders in a small but bustling, family run restaurant. It also involved making desserts and helping the kitchen with last minute preparations and improving the presentation of the dish.
• Quick and efficient service was of high priority in order to keep customer satisfaction high.
• Helped to develop my communication skills within a team and my ability to work rapidly and efficiently whilst still maintaining expected standards, in order to greatly improve the quality of customer service.
Mealtime assistant for Elderly on Emmer Green Ward, Royal Berkshire Hospital
• Utilised communication skills to communicate with deaf, partially sighted patients, or those with mental handicaps including Dementia and Alzheimer’s
• Effectively managed time and improved confidence and interpersonal skills
• Successfully coped with difficult situations - tested thoroughly as tact and sensitivity was vital when addressing families of the patients.
CERTIFICATIONS & QUALIFICATIONS TEFL Certified EFL & ESL Teacher
120 Hour TESOL Certified English Language Teacher
Course included 60+ hours of hands-on instruction
Teaching experience ranging from beginner to advanced adults
Formally trained in effective ESL, TESOL and TEFL teaching methodologies
English Language A*
English Literature A*
Purley Park Trust
I undertook 4 days working in a care home for severely mentally and physically disabled adults. These days were difficult but nonetheless a very eye-opening experience and I very much gained from establishing relationships with a variety of adults, whom very much enjoyed my company.
Tutor for Primary School Children with Reading Refugee Support Group
My voluntary role as a tutor in basic Primary school subjects was a very enjoyable one. The role was great in improving my patience and ability to instil confidence in my tutees as well as my enthusiasm for interacting with children.
Youth Assistant at Purley Youth Club
During this voluntary role I improved my ability to successfully captivate the attention of children and teenagers aged from 5-18. The role was challenging but extremely enjoyable as the bond that I was creating with these young people was evident.
Work Experience at the Oncology Ward of St Bartholomew’s hospital, City of London
This experience was absolutely vital in teaching me the importance of tact in difficult situations. Moreover, I witnessed the personal and emotional strength required within the role especially necessary when delivering bad news to patients. From this I have gained not only a better perspective on life but also learned of the importance of professional and at times the need to separate and disconnect your emotions from a situation.
esol english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking oral comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|At her home||At your home||By webcam|