I am a very patient teacher who enjoys the company of students at all level who are passionate about the geoscience field and are ever ready and eager to expand their knowledge in this field. I generally believe in being grounded in the theoretical principles in the geoscience field before delving into practicals because practical becomes more interesting when you know the underlying principles behind the functionality of the computer software.
I am a graduate of geology with a bachelors degree in geology and a masters degree in petroleum geology from the Centre of Excellence in Geoscience and Petroleum Engineering, University of Benin. I have been teaching students at the secondary and university level since 2010 and as a result of my passionate tutelage, I have seen my students gain admission into universities in Nigeria and a particular one becoming even better than me, graduating with a first class degree in geology at the University of Benin. I have practical experience in reservoir characterization using various geomodelling software such as Petrel, Powerlog, etc. through a project I embarked on as geoscience intern at Integrated Data Services Limited (a subsidiary of NNPC).
I am a highly motivated young individual with keen eyes for details, a committed personality with profound knowledge in geosciences coupled with excellent business development skills. I have the ability to get things done on time. I am self-confident with a strong passion for problem-solving; I am hard working, and meticulous in approach to work. I blend well in team-based situations, I like challenges, and I am always willing to extend already acquired knowledge.
• To passionately pass on my geoscience knowledge to passionate students.
• To utilize the knowledge, discipline and focus that I bring to my work.
• To work hard to become one of the drivers of change that the world needs to become a better place.
M.Sc. Integrated Petroleum Exploration and Evaluation Studies (Geology Major) | Center of Excellence in Geosciences and Petroleum Engineering, University of Benin January 2018 – June 2019
The program lays significant emphasis on an integrated and multidisciplinary approach necessary for solving subsurface problems, therefore, helping me develop skills in key areas of geosciences and petroleum engineering. The leadership training done during the course of the program helps to enhance my functionality and productivity in any multidimensional workplace environment.
B.Sc. Geology | University of Benin, Benin City, Edo State November 2011 – September 2015
Graduated with second class honours (upper division) and a GPA of 4.32/5.00
SSCE | Itoki Community High School, Itoki, Ogun State October 2003 – June 2009
Primary School Leaving Certificate | Ladi-Lak Primary School, Lagos October 1997 – August 2003
• Good knowledge of field geology, map interpretation and meticulous description of outcrops in sedimentary basins and basement complex which could be possible modern day and outcrop analogues of reservoirs.
• Good understanding of geological concepts necessary for petroleum prospecting such as basin characterization and associated structural styles, sequence stratigraphy and reservoir implication and justification, facie analysis and determination of environment of deposition, structural analysis including structural inversion and fault seal analysis.
• Good understanding of 3D seismic interpretation concepts such as fault interpretation, horizon mapping, seismic to well tie, seismic attribute analysis, and basic rock physics.
• Good knowledge of petrophysical analysis and formation evaluation.
• Basic and fundamental knowledge of the use of subsurface modelling software such as Petrel and Techlog for reservoir modelling.
• Intermediate proficiency in the use of MS office suites especially Word, Power point and Excel.
• Strong project management and leadership skills acquired through years of serving as a group leader during undergraduate field mapping exercises which involves producing a report and a geologic map of allocated map area of my group.
• Strong interpersonal skills built through working in the customer service and marketing department at First Bank of Nigeria, Oba Akran branch, Ikeja, Lagos.
• Excellent teamwork and problem-solving ability enhanced through working in teams of various individuals and solving different problems during the course of my MSc classes.
FIELD TRIPS AND PROJECTS
• Geology of southeastern Nigeria sedimentary basins (April 2018): This field trip involves study and description of various outcrops including possible reservoir analogues across 3 sedimentary basins (Niger- Delta Basin, Anambra Basin and Southern Benue Trough). A detailed report was produced.
• Resistivity and Seismic refraction method in groundwater exploration (March 2018): Constant Separation Traversing (CST), Vertical Electrical Sounding (VES) and straight line seismic surveys were carried out. The acquired data were analyzed to propose depth to ground water. A report was also produced.
• Stability of an embankment slope at Oluku bypass, Benin City (Nov. 2015): This project involves carrying out a literature review, collecting disturbed and undisturbed soil samples along an embankment slope and carrying out various geotechnical analyses on the collected samples. A thesis was written and presented at the University of Benin.
• Geology of Enwan and environ (Oct. 2014), Geology of Aiyetoro and environ (Oct. 2015): Mapped and produced geological map and report of Enwan and Aiyetoro located within Igarra schist belt of the western province of Nigeria basement complex.
• Petrel Fundamentals, Petrel Geology and Petrel Geophysics April 2018
LINK: (concealed information)
• Techlog Fundamentals April 2018
LINK: (concealed information)
• ECLIPSE Blackoil Reservoir Simulation October 2018
LINK: (concealed information)
Geoscience Intern | Integrated Data Services Limited (IDSL) February 2019 – July 2019
1. Working through the basic workflow required in building a static model of two reservoirs in XY field onshore Niger Delta using basically Schlumberger Petrel software.
2. Attending Technical sessions and other presentations.
Digital Geek | Kimberly Ryan Consulting (First Bank of Nigeria Limited) June 2017 – December 2017
1. Marketing the mobile banking platforms (Mobile application and USSD) of the bank to customers through the internet and by one on one chat.
2. Stand in customer service operative which involves meeting people, identifying and assessing customers’ needs to achieve satisfaction.
Class Teacher (NYSC) | Umuezeokoha Grammar School, Ebonyi State. March 2016 - April 2017
1. Monitored each student’s academic performance and helped on their weak areas.
2. Conduct extracurricular activities as a way of improving students’ communication skills.
Travelling, Reading, Drawing, Watching and Playing Football
• SEX: Male
• MARITAL STATUS: Single
• DATE OF BIRTH: June 2nd, 1991
• STATE OF ORIGIN: Edo State
• LOCAL GOVERNMENT OF ORIGIN: Esan Central
• LANGUAGE SPOKEN: English, Yoruba and Esan
Ibhafidon has been my graduate school colleague for over a year now. Fidon has an excellent knowledge of geological concepts, coupled with a rare ability of explaining these concepts in simple terms. He also has a warm, friendly personality and an incredible sense of humour, which readily puts whomever he happens to be teaching at ease.
I trust that anyone who gives him the benefit of the doubt will eventually be glad they did.
Ibhafidon is my classmate at Centre of Excellence in Geosciences and Petroleum Engineering, UNIBEN. He has an excellent team spirit and his teaching skill is truly excellent and phenomenal. He has a great ability to listen attentively to people in other to proffer solutions to their problems. He has a very special spark, and I trust he will be able to impact positively to Superprof students.
I know Ibhafidon from our undergraduate days, he was a class ahead of me.
He was the guy we always looked up to for explanations on those grey areas just because he possessed the rare ability to make concepts and ideas look really simple to comprehend.
I believe anyone who needs some guidance, would get a good dose of it if he/she asked Ibhafidon for help.
I met Ibhafidon in person earlier this year at a Conference, after having spoken virtually for a while.
He's an endowed teacher and a creative one too. This I personally experienced when he explained and simplified some Geologic concept of Static and Dynamic modelling to me.
Thus I hereby recommend him to give more students confidence in Geology as he gave me.
geology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|At his home||At your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||₦4600||₦3000|
|5 hours||Not available||₦26000||₦15000|
|10 hours||Not available||₦51000||₦30000|