I teach over the summer holidays to help catch students up with their understanding so they can be ready for the next year. Having a solid foundation for maths is important and reassuring for students before taking the next step.
I am starting my second year of Mechanical Engineering (MEng) at the University of Edinburgh. I have been giving private maths tutoring sessions for one year. I achieved an A* in maths GCSE and an A in maths at A-level.
2018-2023 University of Edinburgh
- Mechanical Engineering (MEng), second year
2011-2018 Haberdashers’ Aske’s School for Girls
- A-Levels: A*AB (Design Technology, Maths, Physics)
- AS-Levels: 5As (Design Technology, Physics, Maths, Further Maths (AS) and English
- GCSEs: 5 A*s (Maths, Physics, Chemistry, English Literature, Spanish) and 5 As
(History, Biology, English Language, Design Technology, French)
2018 El Vaquero restaurant
- Waitress at South American chain restaurant El Vaquero. I served customers and helped in the kitchen with food presentation for private events.
2015 – 2016 Hampstead Food Market
- Saturday job working as a Sales Assistant on a market stool selling food products
- I spent a week with engineers learning about the construction of the Thames Tideway
Tunnel, discussing the project with their design, environmental and civil engineers; as well as spending time with their communications team
2016 Mace Group
- I spent a week learning about the construction process behind the new Tottenham FC
stadium and the BBC TV Centre - speaking with civil, structural, design and CAD engineers
2016 Kier Group
- I spent a day on-site at a school being constructed in Essex, learning about basic
construction processes and safety regulations
I am currently competing in SpaceX's Hyperloop competition with my university team ‘HYPED’. We have passed multiple stages in the competition and will be shipping our high-speed transportation pod, that levitates on a magnetic track, to SpaceX in California to compete against 20 international teams and test our pod in their tube. I am one of the manufacturing engineers in the team, we have been constructing our own version of a Hyperloop pod using mainly carbon fibre and an aluminium honeycomb.
In 2017 I took part in the UK Space Design Competition as Vice President - reaching the National finals.
In 2016 I reached the interview stage of the Arkwright Scholarship.
I am a fresher’s representative in the Sustainable Development Association at the University of Edinburgh. We aim to encourage businesses in Edinburgh to reduce their use of plastic and I help recruit new members to the society.
I co-founded my school’s Engineering Society for which I helped organise weekly sessions and talks at the school given by engineers. As a member of my school’s Science Society, I liaised between the two groups on engineering related topics.
As a member of my school’s Stage Crew I assisted with set design, props and cues for actors in plays and dance competitions.
I was an executive committee member of my local BBYO chapter - part of an international youth group – where I helped organise and run weekly meetings.
I enjoy playing the saxophone and am a member of my school’s wind orchestra; I am also teaching myself to play classical guitar and ukulele.
I enjoy designing and making jewellery both for pleasure and for sale. I also love babysitting for families in my area. Whilst in Scotland, I have been learning to sail, play shinty and hike.
|At his home||At your home||By webcam|