My teaching method includes but not limited to the following:
(a) Using the idea of what we know to get what we don't know because every topic in mathematics has its own rule/principle governing it, and I ensure that my students familiarize themselves with the principle(s) of the particular topic taught.
(b) I ensure that at the end of each lesson, my students understood the topic up to 70% and the remaining 30% would be learned and understood through self-reading and giving of assignments to my students.
I have a Bachelor Degree and a Master Degree in Mathematics, I have been teaching mathematics for over a decade. my taught students include secondary school students, A-Level students, and Undergraduate students. my teaching skills attract both single pupil and a group of students. I take pride in my result because of my students' grade and achievement in Mathematics as a whole.
Name: OWODOLU, Opeoluwa Joel
Place of Birth: Lagos
State of Origin: Ogun
Local Government: Yewa-South
Marital Status: Married
Bronze Award Winner in the first National mathematics competition for University (2008) Student, [NAMCUS] Abuja
Lagos State University (LASU) (In view)
University of Lagos (UNILAG) (2012)
Master of Science
Mathematics [Applied option]
Lagos State University (LASU) (2010)
B.SC (Hons.) in Mathematics
Second class (Upper Division)
Yaba College of Technology
Centre for Continuous Studies
Adjunct Lecturer[in Mathematics] (2013-2019)
• Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meets student’s varying needs and interests.
• Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among students.
• Prepare, administer, and grade tests and assignments to evaluate the student’s progress.
• Prepare materials and classroom for class activities.
• Instruct through lectures, discussions, and demonstrations in one or more subjects.
• Establish clear objectives for all courses, units, and projects, and communicate these objectives to students.
• Assist students who need extra help, such as: by tutoring and preparing and implementing remedial programs.
• MTH 122- BUSINESS MATHEMATICS
• MTH 112- LOGIC & LINEAR ALGEBRA
• MTH 212- LOGIC & ANALYTICAL GEOMETRY
• MTH 232- LINEAR ALGEBRA & CO-ORDINATE GEOMETRY
• MTH 313- NUMERICAL METHODS
Lagos State University, Ojo
School of Part-Time Studies
Part-Time Lecturer (2010-2013)
• Collaborate with colleagues to organize joint work and share teaching resources
• Prepare materials and classroom for class activities.
• Assist students who need extra help, such as tutoring and preparing and implementing remedial programs.
• Make myself easily approachable to students to resolve problems, and build the confidence of the students on an equal opportunity basis.
• Set up classroom environment for students to interact, explore ideas, feel comfortable to question, problem solve and learn effectively.
• MAT 101- BASIC ALGEBRA
• MAT 112- CALCULUS
• MAT 241- DIFFERENTIAL EQUATION
• MAT 206- STATISTICAL METHODS AND ITS APPLICATION
• MAT 231- COMPUTATIONAL MATHEMATICS
• MAT 520- STOCHASTIC PROCESS
Lagos State University, Ojo (Vice Chancellor’s office)
ACADEMIC PLANNING UNIT (2010 – 2011)
STATISTICIAN II (NYSC)
• Collection and analyzing student and staff information.
• Distribution of student-teacher evaluation forms for analysis
• Calculation of excess workload of teaching staff
• Calculation of full-time equivalent [FTE] and carrying capacity.
Membership of Professional Association/ bodies
• National Mathematical Society [NMS] (2015)
• Institute of Professional Managers and Administrators of Nigeria (IPMA (2014)
• Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as an appropriate time
• Speaking: Talking to others to convey information effectively.
• Learning Strategies: Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things
• Instructing: Teaching others how to do something.
• Social Perceptiveness: Being aware of other’s reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
• Writing: Communicate effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
• Willingness to learn and advance education through attending training, workshops, and meetings.
• Ability to creatively develop and apply personalized teaching techniques in accordance with the needs of the students and emphasize what is being learned rather than what is being taught.
• Critical Thinking: Using Logic and Reasoning to identify the strength and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Monitoring: Monitoring/Assessing performance of oneself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
• Analytical Skills
• Microsoft Office, Matlab, Latex and Maple
List of Publications:
• A. Adeniyan, O.J. Owodolu and A. Anjorin (2013) Some Symmetry properties of the solution to General Heun’s Differential Equation
[Gen. Math. Notes, Vol. 15, No. 2, April, 2013, pp.55-61]
ISSN 2219-7184; Copyright c ICSRS Publication, 2013
Available free online at (concealed information)
• A. Anjorin and O.J. Owodolu (2017) New Solutions of Radial Teukolsky Equation Via Transformation to Heuns Equation with the Application of Rational Polynomial of at Most Degree 2,3,4,5,6
Journal of the Nigerian Association of Mathematical Physics Vol. 40 pages 29-34
He is a sound mathematician. Passionate and eager to impart knowledge. He is kind and friendly. You will enjoy His thoroughness.
this is possibly the most understanding and professional maths tutor that I have ever come about, He taught me for one year, and I was able to obtain one of the highest grades in my school, what he does is unlike most other teachers which just tell you what is written in your book, he will do whatever is in the syllabus first, then he will go into the reasons and proofs for certain concepts, as long as he thinks I will get it. He is also not hesitant to repeat a concept for 40 mins if I still do not get it, he will come at it from different angles until I tell him that I am now comfortable with this concept. In conclusion, he is a really good teacher, and i would recommend him to everyone who wishes to find a good maths tutor.
Opeoluwa was mathematics resource person in JUPEB and performed excellently well while in the Board's employment
Because he is great at understanding the student and how they can be taught and in what ways can he/she understand the topic at hand best. I would recommend him a lot to students who need help in any subjects that contain mathematics
He is a good friend and a brother very hard working person and a gentleman to the coor
He is very sound and a good teacher... Knows how to impact the knowledge on his tutors and a great mathematician
He is a good friend,and jovial,He is a trustworthy tutor,intelligent and carries his students along
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|At his home||At your home||By webcam|