I cater my lessons in accordance with my students' learning styles (i.e. kinaesthetic, visual or auditory); I place emphasis on the variety of teaching materials and my students' thorough understanding of the taught subject. I also have over three years of a special educational needs (SEN) teaching experience.
I am a qualified teacher (PGCE / QTS) with 11 years of teaching experience; I hold two upper second class science degrees (University of Worcester and the Open University), CELTA and I am currently a law student (Masters of Law / LLM in Human Rights) at Birkbeck, University of London.
Skilled lecturer with 10+ years experience delivering instruction, evaluating students, developing and implementing schemes of work for English and maths (Entry 2 – Level 2). Key strengths include:
• Proven record of reliability and responsibility
• Extensive experience tutoring – English and maths - students with Aspergers Syndrome, Sensory Integration Dysfunction and Global Development Delay
• Readily develop rapport with students and staff
• Relate well to people from a variety of cultures and socio-economic conditions
• Ability to motivate students, coordinate pre-examination process and organise exams
• Strong analytical skills, easily able to assess students’ areas of development and devise an appropriate course of action
• Remain calm and professional during times of critical need
• MA Human Rights, Birkbeck University of London; In progress
• Cambridge CELTA, Cambridge University, 2008
• PGCE ICT / Qualified Teacher Status, University of Gloucestershire, 2007
• BSc in Computing, 2.1, University of Worcester, 2006
• BSc (Hons) (Open) - Politics, Sociolinguistics, English Language Studies - 2.1, Open University, 2004
• Diploma in English Language Studies, Open University, 2001
2016 – Present SEN GCSE English / Functional Skills English and Maths Lecturer, Alternative Provision /
Fleet Tutors, London
2017 ICT Teacher, Alperton Community School / Prospero Teaching, London
SEN and GCSE English Tutor, Fleet Tutors, London
2016 GCSE Maths Lecturer, Ealing Alternative Provision, London
2015 English and Maths Tutor, Greater London Tutors / Holland Park Tuition, London
2014 – 2015 Functional Skills Coordinator, Uxbridge College, Middlesex
2011 – 2015 Functional Skills English and Maths Lecturer (Entry 2 – Level 2), Uxbridge College, Middlesex
June – July 2013 EFL Teacher, IQuest, Brunel University, Middlesex
2011 – 2012 Functional Skills ICT Lecturer (Levels 1 and 2) / ESOL Lecturer, Uxbridge College, Middlesex
2010 - 2011 Functional Skills English Lecturer (Levels 1 and 2), South Thames College, London
2010 - 2011 ICT Teacher
• Tutoring to GCSE level as well as ESOL to pupils from The Phoenix School and Henry Compton School, London
• Teaching Art after school at The Rainbow Centre for pupils aged 6 to 17 years of age, London
• Fleet Tutors, London and The Rainbow Centre (after-school), London
Summer 2010 ICT Teacher, International Community School, London
• Summer School Program; teaching ICT from Year 7 to A level from June-July
2009 – 2010 ESOL Teacher, Brit College and Metropole College, London
• Teaching ESOL (levels 1 and 2) and English For Business at Brit College
• Metropole College: teaching entry level ESOL (Sept-Nov 2009)
Summer 2009 Summer School ESOL Teacher, EAC Group, King’s College, Hampstead/London Bridge, London
• Teaching ESOL at intermediate level to pupils aged 10-18 years of age from July-August
Sept 2008-Jun 2009 EFL Teacher, Language Schools, Turkey: BJK Koleji School, Istanbul and English Time Language School, Istanbul, Turkey
• Teaching ESOL at schools in Istanbul, Turkey
• Sept-Nov 2008, BJK Koleji School, Istanbul, Turkey: ESOL Teacher at Elementary to Intermediate level
• Nov 2008-Jun 2009, English Time Language School, Istanbul, Turkey: ESOL Teacher at Elementary to Upper Intermediate level
Sept 2007- Aug 2008 Special Educational Needs (SEN) Teaching Assistant/ EFL Teacher, The Bishop of Hereford’s Bluecoat School, Hereford
• Working with SEN pupils included in mainstream teaching
Jan 2007 – June 2007 Teaching Practice, The Bishop of Hereford’s Bluecoat School, Hereford
• Teaching KS3 and KS4 ICT (no 6th form at the school)
• Creating an ICT club for girls
• Assisting with pupil mentoring, i.e. helping to bridge the communication gap between problem pupils and teachers, providing career guidance, etc.
Sept 2006 –Dec 2006 Teaching Practice, The Wyebridge Sports College, Hereford
• Teaching KS3 and KS4 ICT
Summer 2007 Rocky Mountains National Park: Environmental Project, Colorado, USA
International Voluntary Service
• Working as a volunteer doing physical work such as digging and planting in the Rocky Mountains National Park, Colorado
Mar - Jun 2005 IT Teacher, Widemarsh Workshops, Hereford
• Providing IT training to adults with special educational needs
2004 IT Teacher, The Age Concern, Hereford
• Providing IT training to elderly people both in organised centres and privately in their homes
Summer 2004 Teacher of English, Devrek, Turkey
International Voluntary Service: Teach EFL to high school youth
2014 - 2015 English GCSE Enhancement Programme, Uxbridge College, Middlesex
2013 – 2014 Maths GCSE Enhancement Programme, National Centre for Excellence in the Teaching of Mathematics, Uxbridge College, Middlesex
May 2012 Edexcel Training: Functional Skills L1/L2 (English): Improving and supporting teaching practice
Politics; language as a path to power in a socio-political context; human rights in a contemporary world
Member of Allied Artists: (concealed information)
Lord I can go on for days. Dora has not only been a tutor to my son she has also taken my son as on of her own. My son is sick with cancer she has not only played a role in johns life but to my family on whole. I can speak to Dora at time about everything regarding my kids and my grandkids always there to give advise and support. Dora is just the best a tutor and a child's best friend. My granddaughter also loves miss Dora very much and always makes time to fit her in too.
Through personal experience as a colleague and friend I know that Dora is absolutely trustworthy and a dedicated teacher besides being original, funny and extremely knowledgeable in her subjects.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest 11+ school exam preparation lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literacy lessons for all!
Taking resume - cover letter壽猻 writing prep lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|At her home||At your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||₦19286||₦16875|
|5 hours||Not available||₦84374||₦84374|
|10 hours||Not available||₦168748||₦168748|