I give, guide, and motivate students to receive, retain, and reproduce English as a living language. I am very flexible when it comes to subjects for lessons. Students' interests and immediate needs are taken into account for classes. I am able to teach students at various levels of language ability and to help and encourage them to make rapid improvement in all areas of using English to communicate in a wide range of circumstances.
I am an ESL teacher who has studied languages and TESL at the University of Toronto where I have also tutored international students in English since 1986. I have also taught English in China for three years and tutored new immigrants in Canada for over ten years.
Profile: Enthusiastic, dedicated, flexible, patient, years of experience in teaching ESL to various
levels of students.
Work Experience Related to TESL (Teaching English as a Second/Foreign Language)
- Teaching English to international students part-time in St. John’s, NL (2017-2018)
- Teaching English to international students part-time in Toronto (2008- 2016).
- Teaching English in China, Yongkang #2 Middle School in Yongkang, Zhejiang Province
- Teaching English in China, Nanfang Middle School in Zhuzhou, Hunan Province (2001-2002).
- Teaching English in China, Nanfang Middle School in Zhuzhou, Hunan Province (1999-2000).
- Tutoring international students part-time at the University of Toronto (1989-1999).
Work Experience in Other Fields
- Tree work, building construction and renovation (self-employed 2007 - 2016).
- Tree work (2004 - 2006 for 'Great Northern ReGreenery' Ontario).
- Building construction and renovation work (1978-1998 part-time).
Teaching English as a Second/Foreign Language certificate from the University of Toronto in 1999.
TESL Certificate from Oxford Seminars in Toronto, 1997.
B.A. degree (general degree, mainly languages) from the University of Toronto in 1997.
Banting Memorial High School diploma in 1978.
Other Languages Spoken: Estonian, some Mandarin, some Cantonese.
esol english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - english lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|At his home||At your home||By webcam|