My teaching method involves looking at the individual needs of each tutee. During sixth form I worked with young children with learning difficulties, especially those with autism. I have also taught in a school for children in Kenya- so teaching has come very naturally to me. Teaching in these challenging circumstances has allowed me to become more devoted and organised to the individual needs of the pupils. Furthermore I will aim to apply real world examples to my classes so my students feel like what their learning is relevant and poignant to everyday life.
Since studying economics and geography at a-level I have gained a true passion for the subjects taking economics through to university level. I am approachable, fun and my dedication to these subjects means that I am able to give enthusiasm to those I teach. I am currently studying Economics and International Development at SOAS (School of Oriental and African Studies) in London.
During my GCSE I learnt the importance of studying and finding tailored methods to achieve your desired grades which resulted in me gaining grades varying from A*-B. I then used the methods to help me gain three As at a-level in photography, geography and economics as well as gaining A in AS government and politics.
Cancellation Policy- If cancelled 24 hours prior to lesson then there will be no charge, if cancelled less than 24 hours before the lesson the cost of the lesson will still be charged.
If travelling out of London then cost of travel will be added to the total cost of the lesson
- I am currently studying for a BA in Economics and International Development at the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS).
- Downe House School, Berkshire (September 2012- June 2018)
- Cargilfield School, Edinburgh (September 2008-2012)
- I obtained 1 A*, 5 As and 3Bs at GCSE and 3As at A-level in Economics, Geography and Photography.
- I have completed the Prue Leith Introductory Certificate for Food and Wine.
- I also possess a Food Safety in Catering Certificate (Level 2).
- I have obtained certification for Basic Life Support as part of First Aid Training.
Skills and Achievements
- Began and headed Model United Nations at Downe House School as well as the debating society. (2016)
- I worked in the Nursery Acres of Fun, Newbury (6 months) (2014)
- I worked as an intern at Noel Stewarts Millinery, London (2015)
- I volunteered to help teach handicapped children at the Castle School, Newbury (2017-2018)
- I also worked as a teacher at Kesho School, Kalifi, Kenya (2017)
- I also undertook a volunteer’s placement at Friends of Takuando Creek, Kenya (2017)
- Worked in child care as a nanny for a family in London (2019)
economics lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest microeconomics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, macroeconomics lessons for all!
|At his home||At your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||₦5657||₦5657|