I am an English native speaker, however, when I teach, (unless the student’s ability prevents them from understanding me), I aim to speak mostly in the chosen language as I believe that a full immersion is the best way to learn the subject. I am an Italian native speaker therefore my accent will not be an issue for the students. I have lived in Italy therefore I am aware of the different culture that this country has to England, something I believe helps connect me with the student and develop their interest in both the language and the country.
I have now been teaching part time for roughly two years. Most of my students had a fairly basic level of Italian (either GCSE or below) however, I am eager to teach students who are more confident in the language skills.
I am a driven, adaptable and responsible undergraduate at the University of Bristol studying Spanish and Portuguese. I am hoping to start a career in finance, therefore, using my year abroad in Brazil I hope to use my motivation to develop the essential skills required.
I am reliable, responsible, confident and friendly, these are all assets that I could bring to the job which would allow me to connect with individuals therefore making the experience one to look forward to.
• Bilingual in Italian and English as well as having spoken Spanish from a very young
• Excellent communication skills in all my chosen languages, both written and verbal.
• Confident in conversation and capable of debating.
• I am able to work on tasks individually as well in a group.
• Problem solving and patient.
Relevant Work Experience
• For two years I have tutored boys at both common entrance and GCSE level.
• I have been a tutor to numerous students therefore giving me plenty of experience
with different types of children.
• At times with impatient students I was able to adapt so that I was listened to.
• I have predominantly tutored languages; however, I have also taught other subjects at
a basic level.
(September 2012 – June 2017)
• Spanish – A
• Italian – A
• History – B
• Economics – B
12 GCSEs: grades A*-B, including Maths and English and 4A* in Modern Languages
Hobbies, Skills & Interests
• I enjoy debating, representing my school on a number of occasions.
• I have a keen interest in travelling, visiting countries such as China, Egypt and Cuba to
name a few.
• I am very engaged in sport; playing football, cricket, tennis, judo and skiing at a high
• I have also taken part in theatre productions at my school as well as competing in a
Spanish drama competition at the North London Collegiate School.
italian lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|At his home||At your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||₦7822||₦6258|