I am Dr Padmi Somapala and can provide lessons/ teaching at any level. However, I am currently delivering lectures to undergraduate, masters, professional courses students. I am a good listener and always pays much attention to student queries as well. My preferred subject areas are accounting, finance, economics and any business related subjects including research modules as well.
I have been giving lessons since 2013 and my students have obtained very good results with my close guidance as well.
Ability to communicate specialist subject knowledge in a clear and enthusiastic manner as I have proven record of experience in delivering lectures to various students from full time to part time and working professional students as well. That is, I have delivered lectures on Accounting and Finance and Economics for the Foundation degree, Undergraduate degree HNC and professional course ACCA (modules include, Managing Finance and Statistical Data, Management Accounting, Advanced Management Accounting, Financial Accounting, Financial Management, Financial Reporting, Performance Management, Fundamentals of Finance, Economics). Moreover, as an innovative approach, I designed online (web based) recorded lectures using Panopto and made available online for the students to refer later via moodle. Additionally, I have gained experience as a course/ module leader while carrying out works as an UG dissertation supervisor as well. Moreover, I worked as the tutor for all the subjects I taught and I have provided an outstanding research-informed student learning experience, demonstrating creativity and innovation in the delivery of lectures and tutorials. As discussed below, my previous experiences in various industries and jobs and attending many conferences nationally and internationally has facilitated in teaching effectively and efficiently as well.
The travel rate will be decided accoording to the distance as well
Education and Qualifications
2012- 2017 PhD in Accounting and Finance, University of Wales, UK
Supervised by Dr. Ben Binsardi and Prof. Chris Fortune
Thesis Title: Modelling the Determinants of a Cost Accounting System within the changing dynamics of organisations in Sri Lanka an emerging economy context
(PhD Studentship 2012 - 2016 by Wrexham Glyndwr University)
My thesis contributes towards Management and Cost Accounting research by developing the Model of the determinants of a Cost Accounting System (CAS), an in-depth analysis of the role of the CAS within the changing dynamics of organisations and further critically explore the implementation of CAS. In particular, it aims to model the determinant factors for the usage of CAS and to examine the impact of an emerging economy (Sri Lankan) cultural and local characteristics on the adoption of CAS and also it examines the factors that facilitate or hinder the adoption of CAS in a country with an emerging economy context. (A synopsis of work undertaken is attached as an appendix)
2014-2015 Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education (Teaching)
Glyndwr University, UK
2004-2006 Master of Business Administration (MBA) - Merit Pass
University of Colombo, Sri Lanka
2000-2003 BSc (Mathematics & Statistics) - Second-Class Upper Division (2:1)
University of Colombo, Sri Lanka
1998-1999 International Diploma in Computer studies, NCC, UK - Distinction
2017 – Up to Date
University Tutor in Finance, Accounting and Economics
• Plan, prepare and deliver lectures on several Accounting, Finance, Accounting, Economics and Business related modules to groups of between 35 – 150 undergraduate students at Levels 3-5, Level 7 students and foundation degree students (majority of international students). Modules include, Financial Accounting, Financial Reporting, Economics and Business Behaviour)
• Responsible for the management, assessment and quality of delivering modules
• Preparation of module assignments/ mock exam papers and assignment/exam marking
• A second marker and assignment moderation
• Monitor student progress and prepare student performance reports
• Involve in exam invigilation
2017 – Up to Date
Associate lecturer in Accounting, Finance and Economics, Manchester Metropolitan University
• Plan, prepare and deliver lectures on several Accounting, Finance and Economics modules to groups of between 35 – 150 undergraduate students at Levels 3-5, Level 7 students and foundation degree students (majority of international students).
2014 – 2015 University Sessional Lecturer
• Plan, prepare and deliver lectures on several Accounting and Finance related modules to groups of between 35 – 140 undergraduate students at Levels 3-5, foundation degree students and HNC students. Modules include Managing Finance and Statistical Data, Management Accounting, Advanced Management Accounting, Financial Accounting, Financial Management, Financial Reporting, Performance Management
• Plan, prepare and deliver lectures on several ACCA modules to professional students Modules include Financial Management, Financial Reporting and Performance Management
• Plan and lead seminars and tutorials to groups of up to 35 students
• Responsible for the management, assessment and quality of Delivering modules
• Preparation of module assignments/ exam papers and assignment/exam marking
• Worked as a second marker and assignment moderation
• Provide assistance on UG Dissertation supervision
• Prepare and deliver lectures online (Panopto) via moodle (student portal)
accounting lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest economics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, business studies lessons for all!
Taking management lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|At her home||At your home||By webcam|