Hi, my name is Max. I am a King’s College London Medical student & Biomedical Sciences graduate. I offer lessons in A Level, GCSE and KS3 Biology as well as Anatomy & Physiology teaching at undergraduate level. I provide UCAT (UKCAT) tuition using the official Kaplan UKCAT strategy book and a wealth of online resources. Additionally, I proofread personal statements and assist with medical school interview practice for prospective university applicants.
I have several years tutoring experience, ranging from primary school students to university level. Within the Biology A Level & GCSE syllabus, I teach topics such as cell biology, microscopy, enzymes, human physiology, plant biology, immunology and infection, homeostasis, genetics, evolution and ecology.
I like to arrange an initial discussion with students to explore the best way to facilitate their tuition and tailor sessions to suit individual learning styles.
I base lesson plans upon what the student feels they need to focus on and organise it based upon their curriculum and exam board specifications. I am more than happy to put in as much effort as is needed so I can prepare notes, flash cards, mind maps or presentations depending on what works best for each pupil.
I offer both lessons in London and online tuition for other regions.
I am a second year medical student at King’s College London with a BSc in Biomedical Sciences from the University of Manchester. I achieved a 2.1 in my undergraduate degree and have received top marks in my first two years of medicine. I achieved A’s in Biology, Chemistry & French for A Level and A*s for Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Physics for GCSE.
Prior to my enrolment in medical school, I worked for high profile medical journal, BJU International, for four years. Throughout my school and university career I have worked various service jobs, which have honed my communication and interpersonal skills.
Teaching is a passion of mine and I have gained extensive experience through private tutoring over the last five years. I have thoroughly enjoyed every minute and am eager to meet more students and make more great experiences.
MBBS Medicine degree (2018-2023) at King’s College London
Stage 1 Subjects
- Anatomy, Embryology, Physiology, Immunology, Virology, Genetics, Pharmacology, Metabolism, Cell Biology, Human Behaviour, Genomics, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Neuroscience and Social Science.
Additional Stage 1 Work
- Clinical Skills, First Aid, Paramedic Shadowing, Surgery Shadowing, Dissections, Seminars.
The University of Manchester - scholarship awarded for achieving As across all A levels
Biomedical Sciences BSc (2.1.)
2nd Year subjects
- Physiology RSM: Performing human volunteer practicals to research the human response to exercise, studying solute transport across the gut epithelium, investigating the effects of changes in motor nerve stimulus parameters on skeletal muscle contraction using the frog sciatic-gastrocnemius preparation, examining computer simulations of electrophysiological techniques, determining the control of ventilation by changes in blood gas concentrations, practicing fluorescence microscopy and extensive data presentation.
- Physiology & Biomedical Sciences EDM; Cell Membrane Structure & Function.
- Principles of Developmental Biology; Principles of Infectious Diseases; Immunology.
- Gut & Renal Human Physiology; Human Anatomy & Histology; Haematology; Virology.
- Dissertation: The Life Cycle of HIV.
3rd Year subjects
- Advanced Immunology; Human Reproductive Biology; Cardiovascular Systems.
- Advances in Anatomical Sciences; Molecular Biology of Cancer; Immune Response & Disease.
- Biomedical Science.
Final Year Research Project - Gastric Function in Response to Food
- E-learning resource and assessment.
- Using literature about e-learning and general learning theories then using computer software to create resource.
- Gastric function in response to food – human physiology.
- Light, electron microscopy; SDS page, western blot analysis; ELISA, PCR.
- Flow cytometry; Purification and analysis of plasmid DNA,
- Cloning into an E.Coli expression vector; Protein expression in E.Coli.
- Protein extraction and purification; Protein quantification.
Major Academic Scholarship on entry to Worth School
3 As: Biology, Chemistry, French
8 A*s: Biology, Chemistry, English Language, French, Geography, Latin, Mathematics, Physics
3 As: English Literature, ICT, Religious Studies
I am very happy to recommend Max as a personal tutor. He has an extensive background in Biology, having studied for a Bsc in biomedical science and currently reading Medicine. His previous experience in teaching students, puts him at good stead to continue teaching in this role. He is an excellent teacher, very patient and clear in his explanations; I would highly recommend him as a tutor. I wholly and enthusiastically recommend Max as a personal tutor for Superprof!
I have known Max as a family friend for over ten years now and have no hesitation in recommending him to anyone looking for tutoring. His breadth of knowledge, and his ability to communicate that, is exemplary. He has very high standards, and this will be reflected in his ambition to ensure that any student’s specific tuition needs are met. He will bring a very empathic, considered and mature approach that will I am sure benefit any student needing focussed, individual guidance.
At University I took up Piano lessons and asked Max to teach me Music Theory to go alongside the practical work. We used textbooks and instruments to learn the basics, including scales, notation and aural work. Max was an excellent, careful and patient teacher who helped me understand music theory efficiently and thoroughly.
biology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cellular biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, anatomy lessons for all!
Taking physiology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|At his home||At your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||₦14301||₦13157|